offerforge wealthy ever after

Thursday 18 August 2016

If I won the Lotto

The next Lotto Jackpot is estimated at R 2-million and the PowerBall estimated at R7.8-million...

I know each and every one of you have at some point in you life said : "If only I could win the Lotto Jackpot..."

What would you do with your winnings? Would you invest? Would you splurge? Would you take a long holiday on a foreign island? 

I have been thinking long and hard about what I would do if I could win the Lotto Jackpot. Say for example R5 million:

Before I do anything - half of the money will go into a fixed deposit for at least a year or 2 to ensure I don't go crazy, although I have always been sparing with cash no matter how easy or hard it is to come by. I have never been a spender as such. But money changes people and the wise choice would be to keep it out of sight - out of mind.

I won't buy a huge mansion - I'd buy something small but spacious - with 4 bedrooms obviously (to have enough space for all the kids) and definitely 2 bathrooms to avoid the daily fights every morning over who takes too long in the bathroom and the ques waiting to get in there.  This has to have a big plot though as to build perhaps 3 little flatlets to rent out until such a time the kids are big enough to move into their own space but still need to be close to home.

I would not buy a fancy car - cheap and practical as we have now is perfect to continue with. But will definitely give it a nice proper service and get some maintenance done on it.

I will not go on holiday as such - maybe take the family out for a week to Wilderness or somewhere cozy and quiet. No use spending thousands on a week holiday and then have nothing to show for it when you can do it cheap and have a nice family week to spend quality time together.  There's so many little self catering places that accommodate big families.

I would not have told a soul that I won - you will be surprised how many friends you have when you strike it lucky and the family you didn't know existed that comes crawling out. 

After time has matured for the fixed deposit to become available I should have a business plan in place to invest in my kids future. 

What would you do with so much money??
Please share with the rest of us in the comments section.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment