offerforge wealthy ever after

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Baby Freebies - South Africa

I remember quite a few years back when I was pregnant with my oldest, I received a "goodie bag" from Johnsons and Johnsons" containing several baby products, some full size and some in sample sizes to "try before you buy", which I suppose is why I have never changed brands in over 14 years.

All my kids were raised and pampered with J&J products from birth and even now as growing kids they stick to the brand.
Not because of the quality, simple packaging or price - but because that was the first products I tried for babies and was happy with it, and I suppose I felt a bit of guilt trying anything else because they were the only ones that gave out samples.

Maybe I was just in luck at the time I got the samples or the rep seemed generous - I dont know... but when I fell pregnant again (with a huge 14 year gap between my oldest child and baby) I started searching for companies that give out sample sizes of their products to try or companies that reward you with freebies when you make your baby products purchases at their stores.

There is only 1 place that rewards you for shopping with them during your baby preparation spending - :

Dis-chem :  If you register for their rewards card and then register your pregnancy with them, they reward you with a baby nappy bag (and a very fashionable bag it is) perfect for mommies or daddies to carry around ... and the bag is filled with various samples of products. And all you have to do is spend some cash in store stocking up on your baby goodies (which you are going to spend in any case since they stock all that you need for baby's first days).

I checked with Clicks since I have always been a supporter of Clicks and apart from their normal cash back loyalty cards and baby club which you get some extra discounts (which doesn't cover the items you most likely to purchase) they dont offer freebies for expectant moms who has been supporting the store for so many years.

I will be switching to Dis-chem and no longer be doing my purchases at Clicks either - I checked out the prices at Dis-chem and are very pleased to say that majority of their items are cheaper also. They also offer a loyalty card system and then obviously the little spoil for expectant moms (the nappy bag filled with goodies).

To top it all - there are so many shops people go buy at for "loyalty" points to try get some money back - but all in all - has any of you tried the "Spar Rewards" card - it is a tag with a tiny hole in the corner so you can add it to your car keys - that way you can never "forget" your card and lose out on swipes.

Some rewards stores you have to buy such a huge amount in order to get something back - with the Spar Rewards you get your discount deducted off your slip there and then.  Up till about a month ago I didn't bother about the little card - I had one (but didn't add it to my keys) and always forgot to have the card with me when I do my shopping. Then last month when I went to get groceries and the cashier asked me if I had a card, I explained that I did but always forget the card. She gave me a new one and I did the sms to activate it.

That day I bought about R1400 groceries and when she scanned the little card it dropped down by just over R80 ... that is over 5% less than what I was going to pay (and normally do pay). 

Now other stores you get 1 point for every R1 - then you need 100 points to make R10.  That means that for every 1000 you spend you get R10 back (unless obviously you earned bonus points or tripled points on an item. and even when your entire trolley has items with triple bonus, you would get a maximum of R30 on a spend of R1000.

The advantage is that with PnP you can let your points build up for a rainy day when you run short through the month? The only disadvantage of the Spar card is that only certain items count towards your rewards - so it would be wise to use both cards.  Spar has certain items that get rewarded throughout a month period (you buy those at spar and use your spar card) - the rest you buy at PnP and get the 1% reward instead of no reward.

A good way to save even more than any loyalty card system is on snapnsave 
follow the link to register for free - and you are not limited to only one store 
you can still earn your loyalty at spar, pnp, dischem, clicks etc and earn extra above your loyalty discounts.
In under a month I have earned just over R200 for doing my everyday grocery shopping.
Click the link now https://www.snapnsave.co.za/account/signup-step1?userPromoCode=Rosettae452



No comments:

Post a Comment